The secret lies in the savory marinade. You can also cook the meat on the grill over high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbs Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- ¾ tsp Red chili flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Steak (rump, skirt or flank steak)
- 3 Bell peppers of different colors, deseeded and sliced
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Avocado, sliced
Optional Serving Suggestion:
- Lettuce leaves for keto option
- Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
- Sour cream to serve
- Flour or corn tortillas for non-keto option
- Whisk marinade ingredients. Pour out half into a shallow dish to marinate the steak for 30 minutes, if time allows, but you can get away with letting it sit for 5-10 minutes at room temperature while preparing your other ingredients. Refrigerate the reserved marinade to use later.
- Heat about 1 teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and grill steak on each side until desired doneness (about 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, depending on thickness). Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Wipe pan or grill plates over with paper towel; drizzle (or brush) with another teaspoon of oil and fry peppers and onion strips. Add half of the reserved marinade, salt and pepper; continue cooking until done.
- To serve steak, slice against the grain into thin strips. Pack into lettuce leaves or warmed tortillas, extra cilantro leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado (or your desired fillings), and drizzle over the remaining reserved marinade.
Serves 4 (2 lettuce leaves or tortillas each) | Prep Time 60 min