These seriously have everything that really matters in a burger and that doesn’t include the bread!
There’s the beef, of course, plus tomatoes, pickles, onions, mushrooms, lettuce and all that bacon to complete this paleo-and keto-friendly dish.
Nutritional yeast produces the “cheese” flavor in the sauce, but if you’re not strictly paleo you can use real cheese.
- 2/3 cup Paleo mayo, homemade or purchased
- 1 tbs Coconut or almond milk
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Chives, dried
- 1/8-1/4 tsp Sea salt to taste
- 8 slices Nitrate-free bacon
- 1-2 tbs Bacon fat or other cooking fat
- 1 med Onion, diced
- 1 cup White mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb Ground beef grass-fed, 85% lean
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- Dill pickles with no added sugar, sliced
- Sea salt
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Butter lettuce or greens of choice
- Whisk together all Ranch sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp, remove to drain and cool. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of bacon fat and lower heat to medium.
- Add the onions to the hot skillet and cook until translucent, then add mushrooms and continue to cook until softened. Push veggies to side and add the beef and sprinkle everything with sea salt, chipotle powder and garlic powder.
- Stir beef to brown, and mix in with mushrooms and onions. Once beef is browned, remove from heat.
- To assemble the bowls, layer greens with the beef mixture, tomatoes, pickles, red onions and bacon.
- Top with the ranch sauce and serve right away.
Serves 6 | Prep Time 10-15 mins