Cook this hearty low-carb recipe for dinner for a flavorful single-skillet meal that’s easy to clean up. If asparagus isn’t your thing try cauliflower, green beans, zucchini or broccoli!
- 3 Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless; cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 bunches Asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence
- 1 tbs Hot sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 tbs Parsley, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
1. Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks and season with salt, pepper and onion powder. Let sit in a shallow plate while you prepare the asparagus.
2. Wash and trim the ends of the asparagus, blanch them in boiling water for 2 minutes, then soak in ice water to stop cooking unless it’s skinny asparagus.
3. Heat half the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir-fry the chicken bites on all sides until golden brown. Prepare them in batches if needed to avoid overcrowding the pan. Lower temperature, add 1 teaspoon minced garlic and Italian seasoning and stir and cook with chicken bites until fragrant. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
4. In same skillet over medium-high heat, add minced garlic and deglaze with chicken broth (or wine). Bring to simmer and reduce to half the volume. Add remaining butter, lemon juice, hot sauce and parsley. Quickly stir to combine.
5. Add the blanched asparagus and toss for 2 minutes to cook. Add the chicken bites to pan and stir for another minute to reheat. Garnish the chicken and asparagus with more parsley, crushed chili pepper and lemon slices and serve immediately.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 10 mins