by Bailey Zygutis, Nutritionist, Vitruvian Fitness
For a sleep-supporting meal, try this high protein, full-flavor meat dish paired with veggies!
2 lg Chicken breasts
2 tbs Avocado oil
1 cup Chicken stock
1/2 cup Sugar-free barbecue sauce
- Heat Instant Pot* to simmer.
- Salt meat, then brown (1-2 minutes each side).
- Add chicken stock, switch to pressure cook mode, cover, and heat for 40 minutes.
- Once meat is cooked, shred with fork, drain excess stock, then add your favorite sugar-free barbecue sauce (mine’s Primal Kitchen’s).
- Enjoy with steamed veggies for a simple low-carb meal or on sourdough bread for a filling chicken sandwich.
*Can also be done in skillet and slow cooker; browning meat in skillet, then slow cooking with broth in crock pot.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 60 mins
Food for Thought
Higher protein intake has been associated with deeper levels of restorative sleep. Protein promotes tissue and organ repair, aiding in recovery and assisting in a restful night’s sleep.