Here’s a fun, adventurous dish that has lots of healthy omega-3 fatty acids from the tuna and avocado and healthy nutrients from edamame, carrots and radish slices served on top of rice.
Get the highest-quality fresh ahi tuna you can, preferably sushi-grade, or you can sear or grill a tuna steak instead if you’re uneasy about serving it raw.*
- 1/4 cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Ginger, freshly grated
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced; plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds, toasted; plus more for garnish
- 1 lb Sushi-grade ahi tuna, cut into bite-size pieces
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- For serving:
- Cooked white or brown rice
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced cucumber
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced radish
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, green onions and sesame seeds. Add tuna and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- To serve, put preferred amount of rice at the bottom of four bowls. Top with tuna and toppings of your choice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 20 min
*The U.S Food and Drug Administration advises against serving uncooked fish to children younger than 5.