When summer gives way to fall it shifts the way we live our lives, from the clothes we wear to the food we eat and how we spend our free time.
The ways we practice self-care should also align with the season.
Here are some great ways to pamper and support yourself as autumn brings new pleasures and challenges:
1. Make your fall bucket list.
2. Journal your intentions for the season.
3. Get outside to soak in the waning daylight hours.
4. Bake warm fall desserts and dinners.
5. Plan your cold-weather exercise routine.
6. Make and light candles with your favorite fall scents.
7. Smear pumpkin on your face — it’s great for it!
8. Visit Mortimer Farms’ Corn Maze and Pumpkin Festival.
9. Create your own nutritious Halloween treats.
10. Savor warm drinks.
11. Take photos of seasonal changes.
12. Make an autumn-inspired playlist.
13. Take preventive measures against winter viruses.
14. Carve a pumpkin mindfully.
15. Rake leaves and jump in them (if you have enough).
16. Hold a fall potluck dinner.
17. Collect and decorate with autumn leaves, acorns and pine cones.
18. Curl up with a good book.
19. Tour foliage hotspots.
20. Take a refreshing fall hike.
21. Watch movies that get you in the Halloween spirit.